En la actualidad se celebra mediante el intercambio de notas de amor conocidas como «valentines», con símbolos como la forma del corazón o de Cupido, aunque con el auge de Internet se ha extendido la costumbre de intercambiar postales virtuales.
- In Brazil, the so-called 'Dia dos Namorados' (day of love) is 12 June.
Change dating couples gifts and cards.
- In Argentina and Bolivia is celebrated on September 21, known as Student Day, Youth Day, Spring and Love, although the latter generally is celebrated in Bolivia and Argentina usually the day of the Spring and Student.
On that day it is customary gift cards, flowers, chocolates and teddy bears.
This date begins the season of Spring.
On February 14 Argentina celebrates Valentine's Day.
- In China was already the Qi Qiao Jie (day to skills') held the seventh day of the seventh lunar month.
- In Chile is known as day of love, to be a day where couples (whether boyfriends, boyfriends or husbands) celebrate love and union of one another.
- In Colombia is known as the Day of Love and Friendship and is not held on February 14 but in September, because in most of the country February is the month of the school term and also because he takes out one of the most important holidays of the Country: [The Carnival of Barranquilla], Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity.
It is common to the tradition of 'secret friend', which involves introducing a small paper container with the names of participants, then each one will be pulling out a paper and give a gift to the person whose name tells the paper.
However, every year on February 14 this gathering force, to be celebrated by most couples, primarily engaged in a traditional way, giving gifts to their partners.
But with globalization and Americanization in Colombia through intercontinental romantic relationships and the many Colombian-American bilingual schools, etc.
Britancos Colombo-February 14th Valentine's Day takes more strength every day, all about Valentine's history in Colombia on Valentine's Day in Colombia.
- In Ecuador is usually held on February 14 with roses, cards, serenades, dinner nightly between married couples, boyfriends and friends
- In Spain, this event was first held in mid-twentieth century, with the reason to encourage the purchase of gifts.
It is often said that this event was introduced by the store El Corte English.
In the Valencian Community is celebrated on the 9th of October, the feast of Sant Dionis and in Catalonia the April 23, the feast of Sant Jordi, the Catalan master.
- In Central America is also known as the Day of Love and Friendship or Sweetheart Day.
People exchange evidenced by such secret friends, men giving roses to women, chocolates and small details that show love and friendship.
- In Japan, besides the festival of Tanabata-local version of Chinese Qi Qiao Jie, Valentine's Day has been held since February 1958, initially driven by the chocolate company MOROZOFF.
A special note is the fact that it is women who give away chocolates to men, whether family, friends or colleagues.
In the latter case, the gift becomes almost an obligation, they must give away all his colleagues chocolates giri-choco, giri 'duty', and bump: chokorito short for 'chocolate').
For the man who truly loves the woman gives the hommei choco.
As a compensation, invented by the confectioner in 1980, the men return the favor a month later, on 14 March called White Day celebration ( 'white day'), which are entertained white gifts, as white chocolate, marshmallows and even underwear.
- In Mexico, shows the love between husbands and boyfriends giving out roses and chocolate, but that day is celebrated with close friends by exchanging cards.
- In Peru this event is known as the Day of Love and Friendship, at this time exchanging cards, stuffed animals and filled chocolates, specially designed and decorated for the occasion are very popular.
Among the most treasured gifts are the orchids native to the Peruvian flora.
- In Venezuela is celebrated on February 14, the day when the boyfriends, husbands, and friends, celebrate the day of love and friendship giving flowers, cards and chocolates, among the most common and meeting to share with the people you care.
- In Egypt is Nov. 4